Freelance WordPress Developer, Front End Developer – full-time, 2012-Present
In 2011 I started working with WordPress and focused on Front End development. I stopped all design work in 2013 and focused on development only.
WordImpress Priority Support – part-time, 2016-Present
WordImpress makes some awesome premium WordPress plugins. As a support expert I answer customer support tickets and presale questions, assist with writing and editing plugin documentation, and influence product development. Read more at WordImpress.com.
Freelance Developer, GoDaddy Pro / Elto.com / Tweaky.com – full-time, 2013-Present
I do freelance WordPress work (tweaks/troubleshooting/maintenance) for Elto.com (formerly Tweaky.com). Elto is now owned by GoDaddy and is part of their GoDaddy Pro service. https://marketplace.godaddy.com/stevestruemph
Tribune Publishing Company – full-time, 1999 – 2009
I worked as a Prepress technician in the printing industry. This gave me a solid foundation for quality control in terms of print layouts, electronic document troubleshooting, and heavy experience with Photoshop and other Adobe products.
Volunteer Web Design – part-time, 2004-2006
Learning the basics of HTML and CSS using Frontpage, Photoshop slices and export-for-web, and Dreamweaver to build custom websites for friends.
Languages & Skills
- HTML5, CSS3, Responsive Web Design
- Google Apps Account Administration (Gmail email support, Google Apps support)
- MySQL, SSH – Server Administration (Linux), FTP / SFTP, cPanel
- Experience working with all of the big shared hosting companies like GoDaddy (I have a “pro” account), Bluehost, Siteground, etc. I’d love to work with more modern managed hosting companies like Pantheon.
- Google Analytics, Webmaster Tools
- Asana, Trello, Basecamp, Freshbooks, Toggl, and Slack.
- Drupal, Joomla
- Design-to-theme experience with Genesis Framework , Twenty Twelve, WooThemes, and many other frameworks.
- Plugins: Advanced Custom Fields, WooCommerce, events managers, calendars,
- Custom menus/nav area, custom widget areas and sidebars, custom post types.
- Support: Troubleshooting, maintenance, security, backups, cleaning up hacks,
and security hardening.
- Converting existing themes to be mobile responsive.